Free ANA Webinar: Managing the Legal Risks of Nursing Leadership
Date & Time
November 12, 2019 from 1:00 – 2:30 pm ET
Register now to receive a free registration gift, a special e-book, "Communication, Collaboration, and YOU: Tools, Tips, and Techniques for Nursing Practice." Space is limited. You don't have to attend the live webinar but can register and receive 24/7 access to this webinar recording! Attendance is free for both ANA members and non-members.
As a nursing leader, have you ever wondered what your legal responsibilities and vulnerabilities are related to:
- Staffing and scheduling issues
- HIPAA regulations and state privacy laws
- Workplace Violence and bullying
- Substance abuse by an employee
- Diversion of drugs by an employee, especially opioids
- Social media usage by your staff, the patients they care for, and your institution
- Professional Licensure issues
Failure to understand and act in an informed way in these areas can lead to serious legal challenges. Attend this webinar to learn how to best manage the legal aspects of your leadership position. This real-world webinar will provide concise, actionable information that you can apply immediately to improve your practice as a nursing leader.
Presenter: Edie Brous, JD, MS, MPH, RN, combines her experience and passion for nursing and the law by representing, advising, educating and advocating in the interests of nurses. A highly-regarded speaker, Edie is well-known for her ability to present real-world information in a highly entertaining way.